Dehradun. In view of the increasing corona infection in Uttarakhand, the administration has extended the period of the applicable corona curfew to various municipal areas, including Dehradun, Haridwar and Haldwani, to five o’clock in the morning of May 6. The Corona curfew was implemented in all these areas from 27 April. This deadline was ending on Monday morning. Earlier shops of essential commodities were allowed to open till 2 pm, but in the latest order, the time limit has been reduced to 12 noon. Those coming from other states will have to compulsorily register on the Dehradun Smart City Portal and in addition to show RTPCR negative report of up to 72 hours.
There was confusion as to whether or not the Corona curfew will be extended further till Sunday evening. The business class and the public kept ringing the phone in media offices regarding this. It was decided to extend the curfew period in all those cities at around quarter to eight in various districts. According to the order of District Magistrate, Dr. Ashish Srivastava in Dehradun, only the necessary nature establishments will be able to be opened till 12 noon during the curfew applicable till 5 am on May 6. These include dairy, groceries, bakeries, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish shops, cattle feed, government-run shops for cheaper gulla. The drugstore, petrol pump and gas supply establishments involved in the much-needed service will open as before.
Curfew will be applicable in these areas
This order will be valid in Dehradun including Doon Municipal Corporation and Rishikesh Municipal Corporation in Garhi Cantt and Clemenstown Cantt Board, Vikasnagar Municipality, Herbertpur Municipality, Doiwala Municipality and Mussoorie Municipality. At the same time, except for Haridwar Municipal Corporation, Roorkee Municipal Corporation, Kotdwar Municipal Corporation, Pauri Municipality, Swargashram Municipality, Srinagar Municipality, Tehri Municipality, Kovid curfew will be applicable in the entire Udham Singh Nagar and Okhalkanda blocks of Nainital district.
Private and public vehicles will remain closed
Private vehicles will remain closed during the curfew. However, persons arriving by roadways, trains or airplanes will be exempt. They will be allowed to show tickets. City buses, Vikram, Auto, Tata-Magic and Maxi cabs will also be banned under public transport services in the curfew.
Cement, sand-gravel shops will open
Due to the construction work, the administration has given permission to open cement, sand-gravel, rebar and brick shops in this time curfew till 12 noon. Last week, they were not included in the exemption.
They will be exempted from curfew
- Fruit-vegetable shops, dairies, bakeries, meat-fish (licensee) establishments, ration shops, government ration shops and animal feed establishments can be opened by 12 noon.
- Petrol pumps, gas supplies and pharmaceutical establishments will be able to be opened full time.
- Home delivery discounts to restaurants and sweet shops.
- Exemption from restrictions on essential service vehicles and government vehicles.
- Wedding ceremonies, related hotels, wedding points, discount to the venue. However, only 25 persons are allowed to participate in the event.
- Vehicles related to the funeral procession will be exempt and no more than 20 persons will attend the funeral.
- Traffic on freight vehicles will be allowed.
- Individuals who are actually going to the hospital for treatment will be exempt. Police must show proper evidence at the checking point.
- Post offices, banks, insurance companies and financial institutions will remain open.
- Public interest building works will continue. Their workers, contractors and workers will be exempt.
- Exemption of traffic to industrial units and their personnel on the respective routes.
- Personnel of government offices, banking services, financial institutions, insurance companies will be allowed to show identity cards issued by the institute. .